Saturday, January 26, 2013

Fourth Thursday and Friday



I have to be honest that I didn't feel like doing any housework this Thursday. I looked at the routine and it said vacuum the kitchen/dining and steam this floor and dust the four long venetians in the dining room and the one in the kitchen. Ho hum.

I cleaned up the kitchen and did a load of washing. After lunch I got out the vacuum cleaner and the steamer. They just sat there. My husband and I watched a James Bond DVD and I did some sewing and book reading. No. There was no motivation to do the housework. I felt a bit bad about it because I could see the floor badly needed vacuuming and steaming.

The fourth Friday is 'sponge the edges'. Now this can be left for a while so I decided to do the vacuuming and steaming and dusting on Friday instead. I felt good again. The dust was gone and the floor shone. Great.

None of this means that my routine is not working. Quite the opposite really. Having set things for set days allows me to juggle and massage a bit without losing track.

I love my routine :)

Cheers,
Val

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?