Thursday, January 24, 2013

Fourth Tuesday

I had Monday off as per the routine and we did the shopping.
This Tuesday I was feeling a bit sluggish. It has been pretty hot for ages now.
I got a bit of second wind in the afternoon and did a load of washing and vacuumed the bedrooms. At some time during the day I remember emptying the dish washer and doing the kitchen tidy up.

I didn't look at the schedule til today  (Thursday) and since I was feeling pretty good after finishing my January mini quilt I checked the schedule and dusted the lounge room blinds (Tuesdays chore). There are still the window and door to clean but I am looking at them now and they still look pretty shiny so they can wait another month. I don't want to knock myself out playing catch up. That is SECRET NUMBER 3 and it is good advice.

Kitchen tidy up
My kitchen tidy up happens everyday and includes washing up my stainless steel cutlery that I don't like to put in the dish washer and washing up those pesky plastic containers that don't fit in the dish washer very well. I wash the two cutting boards and wipe the counters under them and around the hot plates and the splash back behind the hot plates.

If the scourer is getting a bit worn I use it to clean out the sink and plug hole then throw it away.

I wipe up the few things I have washed up.

Sometimes I do all this while my porridge cooks.

A load of washing
I find that for the two of us washing three times a week is enough.

I collect the tea towel and hand towel from the kitchen. and the counter mats I use in the kitchen.
I collect any clothes left in the bathroom and the two hand towels we use.
I collect any clothes I have left beside my bed.
Anything in the clothes basket also goes in.

Clean hand towels
I really love having clean hand towels every second day. Before I got myself sorted the hand towels just got changed when I thought they needed a wash and I used the kitchen tea towel for several days just letting it dry out. Now I get a new tea towel everyday.

I started putting out a bathroom hand towel for each of us a while back because I noticed that the bath towels were getting grubby from us wiping our hands on them. Neither of us really wanted to use the shared hand towel. Now the bath towels stay clean and I use one end of my hand towel for my hands and the other end for my face. Washing them every second day they never actually get dirty and they always feel nice to use.

Cheers,
Val

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?