Friday, January 18, 2013

Third Friday and SECRET NUMBER 5

It is hot and I didn't feel like doing any work this morning. I considered not doing any housework today but I recalled secret number 4 and figured I better take my own advice.

So at 4pm I took all the small things out of the laundry then cleaned the door and window with paper towel and windex. I then used some all purpose cleaner spray and paper towel to wipe over the dryer, washing machine, basin, splash back tiles, tiles and skirting board around the walls, inside door, legs of ironing board, iron, power points and switches, and taps. This took 30 minutes.
Here is all the stuff in the hallway.



This is my laundry.

I came back later at 6pm and folded the washing from yesterday and some old towels I found in the dryer. I washed a couple of hand wash things that had sat on the dryer for weeks. I did a quick vacuum so I could wipe the floor with paper towel and all purpose cleaner. This took 25 minutes.

It is all sparkly now and will be fine for another month.



SECRET NUMBER 5
Make the plan your own by working around your habits and style.

I hate putting things away when I finish with them so they tend to pile up around the place. I leave them til it is time to clean that area. I am not constantly thinking "I must put those away". I know it will be done on the assigned day.

I don't have anything scheduled for shopping day and quilt group day. I think they are enough for those days.

Cheers,
Val

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?