Thursday, January 17, 2013

Third Thursday and SECRET NUMBER 4

Wednesday is quilt group day so no washing or housework. I do clean up the kitchen since that is an everyday chore.
Today we went out to the discount Sara Lee shop and bought a couple of frozen cakes to keep in the freezer for special. We took my mum too and she got two bags of mixed veges for $1.75 each and a nice sultana pound cake for $2.50. She can keep it in the freezer and just have a slice sometimes. This outlet at Daisy Hill has their supermarket and catering lines for good discount prices and they also put items on super special. We like to buy the ice cream when it is $3 a litre.
The point is we got back at midday and had lunch and then watched a Poirot episode and it was 3:30 before I looked up the housework routine to see what I had to do. This day is vacuum the dining and kitchen and clean out the dining room.
I cleaned the glass in the display cabinet, wiped the table over with a wet paper towel and cleaned the placemats. I picked up the stuff and put it away then dusted the table legs and the chairs, the lounge and the cabinet. I used a paper towel and windex to clean the pictures and replaced a couple of pictures on the walls. I also put in a load of washing.
It took me half an hour.
Another 10 mins to vacuum and it is done.
Before:
After:
Before:
After:
It never ceases to amaze me how much black dust gets onto the dining table.

SECRET NUMBER 4
Try really hard not to put off doing the job for that day. When you get started it is surprising how quick and easy the job is and how good you feel that it is done.
I don't even look at what tomorrow brings. I don't have to think about it because it is written on the routine.
Sorry the pictures are a bit bad. I have been taking them with the iPad and it doesn't like low light. I will do better next month.

Cheers,
Val

1 comment:

  1. I like your routines, Val. Now I just need to get motivated to do my own!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?