Sunday, January 20, 2013

Third Sunday

"What happened to Saturday?", you say.
Well, I just couldn't be bothered and I didn't even look at the routine. Since I didn't have much on today I did a bit of catch up by putting in a load of washing and changing the sheets. 

I did not catch up with vacuuming the lounge and steaming the lounge floors. I may suck up a few of the big bits of fluff when I get the vacuum out on Tuesday to do the bedrooms, but only if I feel like it. The steaming can wait til next month.

I was still feeling a bit lazy today so I did short spurts.

I spent 10 minutes tidying the kitchen and putting on the washing.

I spent 20 minutes cleaning the patio table and the front door. No before and after. They just had some dust and a few cobwebs.



I spent nearly 20 minutes cleaning the long windows inside and out. I did not do the top part inside because it requires taking down the blinds to get the screens off. Maybe next month I will do that.
You will just have to take my word for it that the windows are clean. I didn't feel like pulling the blinds up again.
The first time I cleaned these windows there was mildew on them and a dirty grey film that I just couldn't believe. It took me 3 months or three cleans to get them looking respectable. Now there is just the odd bit of fly dirt and some dust that comes in when the windows are open. When people have come for a meal and I open the blinds for more light I am so pleased the windows are clean.


At the time of writing this I still haven't made up the bed, but the sheets are sitting on the bed waiting.

I can't think of any more secrets. I guess you just have to give it a go and you will find that it is not that hard to stick to it. I will keep posting at least until I have covered a whole month.

Cheers,
Val

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?